QES is continually sourcing for talented individuals to join our team for both engineering and non-engineering positions. QES provides an enriching and safe work environment, professional development opportunities and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health insurance, paid time off and a matching 401(k) plan.
QES is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, including Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.
Current Open Positions
QES has an immediate opening for a well-organized, hard-working, engineering technician with both computer and mechanical/electrical skills. Engineering technicians assist the engineering staff with project work, including activities such as field surveys, field testing, and computer-based pavement ratings. This position is also responsible for maintaining and operating specialized testing equipment, such as falling weight deflectometers, coring drills, and dynamic cone penetrometers.
This full-time position will be located remotely although the engineering technician should be close to the Pittsburgh, PA area where the equipment is located. This position requires multi-day travel, approximately 20% of the time.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (such as Word and Excel)
- Experience with Microstation or AutoCAD desired
- Good overall computer usage skills
- Experience with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, field inspection/testing, GIS software, GPS data, are desired
- Good communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Overnight travel will be required
- Training will be provided to develop technical and professional skills. Preference will be given to individuals with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as from a construction or engineering technician program).
The compensation package is competitive based on education and experience and includes excellent benefits to include paid health care, paid holidays, personal time off, etc.